[highlight1] ClockONE [/highlight1]
Twelve24 is a Boston company that creates new products inspired by technology. The company’s debut product, ClockONE, is an ultra-thin, meter long clock that merges E Ink technology with home lifestyle and office.
Designed in collaboration with lenartstudios, ClockONE is the world’s first accessory for the home and office that showcases the innovative qualities of E Ink displays. E Ink products like ClockONE enable unique product designs due to their extremely thin displays, ability to be cut into unique shapes and very low power consumption.
- “We wanted to design a product that celebrates what is possible with E Ink that could not be done with other display technologies,” said Andy Mitchelides, founder of Twelve24. “ClockONE achieves this yet keeps with our primary goal that it be a distinctive product that you would want to display in your office or home.”
- “E Ink displays are already known for enabling products to display information where you would not think possible,” said Giovanni Mancini, director of product management for E Ink Holdings. “ClockONE showcases that E Ink technology can enable designs rather than constrain them.”
ClockONE features include:
- VIBRANT DISPLAY: embedded E Ink technology offers low power consumption and a high-contrast, wide viewing area
- ONE-OF-A-KIND DESIGN: one meter long, just over one foot tall and five millimeters thin, yet weighs less than five pounds
- SIMPLE CONTROL: time is set and changed with the press of a button thanks to one-touch controls
- DUAL-MODE TIME: slide the 12/24 switch to change the clock from a 12-hour clock to 24-hour clock
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: requires only one single-cell battery that lasts one full year
- EASY ASSEMBLY: comes with an innovative magnetic mounting system that tilts to adjust and requires no level
- COLORFUL: available in five colors including: Snow White, Pink Oasis, Mai Tai (orange), Bright Moss (green) and Blue Sky
Twelve24™, a Boston based company, introduces ClockONE™, an ultrathin, meter long clock inspired by the capabilities of E Ink electronic paper displays (EPDs). ClockONE balances design, features and function to create a product that merges E Ink technology with home lifestyle and office.
ClockONE was designed in collaboration with Lenart Studios, and showcases the most innovative qualities of E Ink displays. E Ink products enable unique product designs due to their extremely thin displays, ability to be cut into unique shapes and very low power consumption.
ClockONE is one meter long and 4mm thin, yet it weighs less than 4 lbs and will run for one year on a single coin cell battery. The unique design includes simple and intuitive controls, and an innovative magnetic mounting system that uses one screw and requires no level.
[highlight1] Data [/highlight1]
Materials Combination: Mix / Multi Materials, Eco / Recycled / Green
Dimensions: one meter long and 4mm thin
Colour: Mix / Multi Color – Snow White, Pink Oasis, Mai Tai (orange), Bright Moss (green) and Blue Sky
- 2014 – Interior Design Magazine Award – Best of Year Awards: Products and Materials – Category: Accessories – Winner
[highlight1] The people [/highlight1]
Product Designer: Twelve24 – 1000 Technology Park Drive, Billerica, Boston MA 01821, United States
Collaborators: lenartstudios – 48 Colin P Kelly Jr Street, San Francisco, California 94107, United States
Text Description: © Courtesy of Twelve24
Images: © Twelve24