Fine Art BodyPainting Nature-Inspired
Artist Johannes Stötter is a fine-art-bodypainter who uses his artistry to blend his subjects into their surroundings so well that they all but disappear. His models appear to take on both the colours and textures of their surroundings and sometimes even transform into other creatures or objects, including fruit and vegetables, trees, rocks, and even wildlife. He puts people at the heart of nature into fascinating compositions at the edge of surrealism.
He has always been a passionful artist and his works are influenced by spititual and nature-related themes. Find what you need to know about his life and his work Read what Johannes can do for you and how to contact him Find out about his next project or event See and enjoy about 100 photos of his paintings on canvas, Natureart and bodypaintings, which are grouped into various themes.
Each piece that the artist completes reflects a unity between man and nature. His latest masterpiece uses five people, carefully composed within the frame, to depict a frog. Each person is positioned so perfectly that it is hard to even recognize the contours of their separate bodies at first.
Johannes Stötter blends his subjects into their surroundings by skillfully applying paint to their skin. He uses the human form as his canvas to both camouflage into their environments and mimic forms found in nature.
- “I look at nature, its colors and forms with wide eyes and an open heart. A painting – it’s my passion. Love what you do, is the most important key to success, Five years earlier I had the idea to paint a human body but it took me until I was 23 to try it. ‘The experience was so special that I wanted to do it again immediately – I wanted to try it with different colours, a different model and a different motive.” – says Johannes Stötter
- “I couldn’t imagine that there would be a way to earn money with bodypainting, but nevertheless I was totally convinced that I wanted to do it – I felt that it was my way. I found out about the bodypainting world championship and took part for the first time in 2009. To my amazement I finished fifth, and that was the beginning of a new bodypainting era for me. From that moment I was fixed on winning the world title. I started bodypainting full time, and in 2012 my hard work finally paid off – I won. It was one of the best feelings in my life.” – says Johannes Stötter
- “Bodypainting is special because the artwork is alive and can move. While a canvas painting lasts forever, a bodypainting exists only for a few hours. ‘The skin is very different to canvas – it is alive, it is soft and warm, it is a very comfortable base to paint on. There are some designs I can do in just a few hours while others take up to eight hours. In bodypainting you create unity between an image and a person. A lot of my inspiration comes from nature. I think I observe the world, nature, colours and shapes with very clear eyes and an open heart. And painting is my big passion. I think the secret of good work is to always have a love for it.” – says Johannes Stötter
Johannes Stötter started painting bodies in the year 2000. His first bodypainting experiment aroused a passion which became the main content of his life. As he never was strongly influenced by other bodypainters, his style and his way of working are very individual and very different from those of other artists. In 2009 Johannes joined the international bodypainting community and developed to a professional fine-art-bodypainter. Many of his works are related to natural and spiritual themes. His art is also shown in commercials, music-videos, catalogue covers, CD-covers, fashion shows, live-performances, workshops, competitions, exhibitions etc. His biggest successes so far were the world-champion-title 2012 and the vice-world-champion-title 2011, both in the category brush/sponge.
About – Johannes Stötter:
Johannes Stötter is artist, musician and fine-art-bodypainter. Born in 1978 in South Tyrol (Italy), he spend his early childhood in the high alps, which influenced his deeply nature-related style and content of painting. Apart from lots of body painting works in many different environments, Johannes shows his art in commercials, music-videos, catalogue covers, CD-covers, fashion shows, live-performances, workshops, competitions, exhibitions etc.
He characterizes his paintings as spiritual and visionary, as passion, self-expression and as the door to different dimensions for himself, his models and his audience.
Name: Fine Art BodyPainting Nature-Inspired
Type: Body Art
Theme Colour: bright colours
Technique: Brush / Sponge Bodypainting
- 2013 – World Bodypainting Festival Award – Category; Brush / Sponge Bodypainting – 3rd place
- 2013 – World Bodypainting Festival Award – Category; Brush / Sponge Presentation – 1st place
- 2012 – World Bodypainting Festival Award – Category; Brush / Sponge Bodypainting – 1st place
- 2011 – Italian Bodypainting Festival Award – Category; Brush / Sponge Bodypainting – 1st place
Artist: Johannes Stötter – South Tyrol, Italy
Text Description: © Courtesy of Johannes Stötter, wbpa, bodypainting festival, dailymail
Images: © Johannes Stötter