Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort in Greece
In harmony with its awesome setting rises Mykonos Grand. A luxury beach resort inspirationally conceived to capture the essence of surrounding natural wonders and host the most welcome and appreciated guests with world class luxury.
Located on Ayios Yiannis beach, opposite the island of Delos, this “delightful and marvelous” 2001 hotel was built on land that housed only a beach tavern and embodies Cycladic architecture with cube-shaped whitewashed buildings linked by pathways and terraces. Public spaces use elaborate mosaics and hand-carved marble to set the tone. Most of the rooms have views of the Aegean Sea, as do some of the bathrooms, which also come with deep soaking tubs and a separate walk-in rain shower and steam cabin. “Service at the pool was perfection.” At Dolphins of Delos, dine alfresco on Greek cuisine with panoramic views of the sea.
Mykonos Architecture, a work of Art:
Between the blues of sea and sky, pure white. Mykonos town unfolds before my eyes like a residential sculpture. Mykonos architecture is a grand example of unique Cycladic architecture set around a picturesque fishing-village bay. A primeval architectural model which captures and conveys the very nature responsible for its existence. ”the key to Greek art lies in visually experiencing Greek nature, its landscape”… “it is impossible to truly connect with Greek art, comprehend it, grasp its spiritual dimension and fine creation, when it is outside of Greece […] For if there exists a correlation between thought and shape for Greeks, it is thanks to the indissoluble link they have with their surrounding natural environment, a link that is a hallow archetype”.
As Mykonos draws nearer on the horizon, the dazzling sun deceives the eye into believing that the island is rising from the surging sea, and its uniquely rare atmosphere of primitive creation is revealed. I devour the words… “Humankind never had anything clearer or purer to admire than this light that illuminates and chisels things in the most sublime of ways “. […] Only by swimming in this light can one truly appreciate Greek works of art. Not to see them as awe-inspiring creations of the human spirit, but as a part of life itself that connects to the entire world “.
Escape from the ordinary … just like Shirley Valentine:
At 42 years young, Shirley Valentine had already taken a back-seat to life, watching the days drone by in the same, meaningless way. She would find herself talking to the kitchen wall, where the only semblance of a “life” seemed to resonate from a small poster hidden away on the inside of a cupboard; a simple Greek tourist office brochure tantalized Shirley. The background photograph of a whitewashed chapel topped by a humble cross glowing in the rays of the setting sun, surrounded by the vast turquoise sea, an image so typical of the islands of the Aegean Sea, seemed to call out to her.
Shirley had projected all of her dreams into that picture. Perhaps that was why she was so frightened to take the plunge and enter that alluring dream. It was all she felt that she had left. What would happen if reality wasn’t worthy of the dream?
located on the beach of Ayios Yiannis, (where the movie Shirley Valentine was filmed), just 4,2 km from Mykonos Town with the shopping areas, the world known night life and restaurants as Nobu – Matsuhisha, 4,5 km from the airport, 4,6 km from the port, 4,2 km from Psarou and the Nammos restaurant, 6 km from Paradise Beach. Just 50m from our hotel entrance you can take the local transportation for Mykonos Town or to Ornos Beach.
Designed for optimal comfort and ultimate seclusion, our spacious rooms and suites present the embodiment of high luxury and gentile style.
- Classic Room: Totally renovated, all offer updated amenities and they are located in the heart of our Resort, enjoying Garden views.
- Standard Room: All with Sea Views, offer the same amenities as the Classic rooms but they benefit of the great Aegean view at Psarou Bay.
- Superior Room: Spacious, luxurious, extravagant in style, equipped with a SPA like bathroom & all with balconies and a splendid Sea view. Prepared with explicit focus on design, they are all equipped with a Steam cabin and a large Jacuzzi.
- Deluxe Room: These brand new luxurious, spaciously appointed Deluxe accommodations reflect the distinctive elegance in this Hotel. Equipped with the finest furniture, they include a SPA bathroom, a large private Jacuzzi and a steam cabin and have a waterfront Sea view.
- Superior Room: Superior Room with Sharing Pool – These accommodations are as luxurious as the Superior rooms, including the SPA bathroom and they benefit of a sharing infinity pool.
- Executive Suite: The ultimate elegant feeling of purity and freshness. A world class concept has been welcomed on the island of Mykonos and inspires everyone who is visiting it. A private living room, a large bedroom and two SPA bathrooms assure a memorable experience. Size: 70 sq. metres.
- Private Pool Suite: These suites are the unique hideaway of a dream vacation. Two-room suite include a private living room, a large bedroom, two marble SPA bathrooms and a private infinity pool with tropical umbrellas and sun chairs. The ultimate exclusive experience.
- Grand Private Pool Suite: The Grand Suite is the flagship of our Resort’s Private Pool Suites! It features two large Bedrooms, an equally spacious Living room and three individual SPA Bathrooms. A total of 115 s.q.m. of elegant interior space and 160 s.q.m of outdoor area, including a shading pergola for dinning, ultra large lounge chairs and sun umbrellas. This suite benefits of a spectacular view of an infinite private, sea water pool and the deep blue of the Aegean Sea. The Grand Suite offers you also, the outmost option to set a small private fitting area within the space of the Suite.
Leaning into the wind on the deck of a ferry boat bound for Mykonos, I closed my eyes and savored the light mist of salty sea air spraying my face each time a swell broke against the side of the boat. This was the first tangible indication that summer was upon us, laid out in front of me in all its dazzling splendor. My “winter” body however, was also here. I had mercilessly been abusing it for months, through endless hours hunched over a computer screen, squirming in the driver’s seat in countless traffic jams, bent over the stove cooking the meal of the day… It was time for my yearly Mykonos Spa visit.
Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort is on beautifully landscaped hill facing the Aegean Sea; hotel complex of 5 Mykonian-style, whitewashed buildings with interconnecting pathways, and terraces made of local stone.
Project name: Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort
Location: Agios Ioannis Beach, Mykonos Island 846 00, Cyclades, Greece
Type: Hotel & Resort
Size: 80 standard rooms, 3 suites w.private pool, 15 superior executive rooms, 4 superior suites
Completion Year: Opened 2001
- 2012 Condé Nast Traveller Magazine Awards – Readers’ picks of world’s best hotels – GOLD LIST
- 2012 Tripadvisor Awards – Travelers’ Choice® – Winner
- 2010 World Travel Awards – Winner
Client / Owner / Developer: PETASOS HOTELS
Text Description: © Courtesy of Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort
Images: © Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort