QuaDror Furniture, an ethereal collection of distinctive tables and shelving designed by Dror. The series showcases the simple brilliance of QuaDror, Dror’s highly adaptable structural support system, through noble, elegant materials. Glass, metal, and light- and blackened ash enhance the geometric profile of each object, where trestles are replaced by elongated QuaDror structures.
“The QuaDror Furniture collection showcases the graceful simplicity of QuaDror, Dror’s highly adaptable structural support system, through pure, elegant materials. Glass, gunmetal, and light- and blackened-ash enhance the geometric profile of distinctive tables and shelving, where trestles are replaced by elongated QuaDror structures. Produced by Italian manufacturer Horm.it, the ethereal series marks QuaDror’s introduction to the domestic environment.
QuaDror emerged serendipitously in our workshop. While building a chandelier frame from two crisscrossed squares, I stumbled upon a fascinating discovery: strategically cut, intersecting shapes can be locked into place with geometry, forming a powerful hinge. This realization led to the structural building block, which can be flat-packed or fall open into a freestanding triangular base. A new shape was born.
As we continue to research QuaDror applications, exploring its effectiveness in furniture was irresistible. The series is the newest addition to an ever-growing pool of implementations for the structure. From prefab housing and sound barriers to medical equipment and bridges, QuaDror’s applications are as numerous as its effects: depending on its context, the structure can protect, delight, simplify, support, or surprise.” – Dror
While he was working on the construction of a frame consisting of two intersecting surfaces, Dror “stumbled” on a fascinating discovery: cut strategically, the two surfaces could be blocked geometrically, forming a powerful union. This discovery led to QuaDror™, a structural element which, when open, creates an independent triangular base: a new form.
From prefabricated houses to noise barriers, from the supporting arches of a bridge to complex architectural structures, QuaDror™ applications are as numerous as its implications: depending on the context, this new form is able to protect, decorate, simplify, support, and surprise.
In the ongoing search for applications, the Dror studio discovered its irresistible effectiveness for furniture. The QuaDror™ furniture collection produced by Horm.it shows the simple genius of the structural system through pure and elegant materials such as ash, unvarnished hard metal and glass. QuaDror™ structures replace trestle tables and bookshelves, to form a faceted sculpture composed of a series of repetitions of the element, in turn composed of a repetition of four equal geometric surfaces.
- QuaDror01: this base is enhanced and complemented by a “dress” in extraclear tempered glass.
- QuaDror02: or creatively better: an extraclear tempered glass top supported by an essential structure, consisting of four identical elements in an “L” shape (in raw metal or oilstained ashwood) which intersect with each other. The result is an elegant and light table, capable of embellishing any environment by becoming its centrepiece.
- QuaDror03: certainly does not go unnoticed. With its 420 cm in length and 120 in width, it is a large and functional table, featuring an impressive design. The balancing act made possible thanks to the QuaDror [TM] structural support system gives this table a sophisticated look, suitable for becoming the star of the home. initially designed for large dining rooms, quickly displayed its corporate calling by becoming the “perfect conference table”, being customizable in size and easily wired. The load-bearing structure in solid ash and ash veneered top in honeycomb spruce can be chosen in the whitewashed versions or stained mocha.
- QuaDror04: When design becomes a work of art. This bookcase with an intense and unique form embodies all the distinctive elements of the collection of the same name. The upward progression of the ashwood shelves is dynamically accompanied by ever lighter metal elements that “metaphorically” lead the eye towards the sky and give the structure a “solidly light” aspect.
- QuaDror Sculpture: QuaDror Sculpture is a piece of art born from the creativity of Dror representing with its geometrical forms the fil rouge of the collection QuaDror.
Type: Furniture Collection
- QuaDror01 – Top: tempered glass thickness 15 mm, Structure: unvarnished hard metal / solid ash, Ash finishes: mocha oil stain / bleached, oil dyed
- QuaDror02 – Top: tempered glass thickness 15 mm, Structure: unvarnished hard metal / solid ash, Ash finishes: mocha oil stain / bleached, oil dyed
- QuaDror03 – Top: honeycomb fir panel with longitudinal metal reinforcements; ash veneer
Structure QuaDror: solid ash, Ash finishes: mocha oil stain / bleached, oil dyed
- QuaDror04 – Shelves: honeycomb fir panels with longitudinal metal reinforcements; ash veneer, Structure QuaDror: unvarnished hard metal, Ash finishes: mocha oil stain / bleached, oil dyed
- QuaDror Sculpture – Untreated brushed metal, Screw heads in solid ebony
Materials Combination: Metal + Glass, Wood + Metal
- QuaDror01 – cm 47x31x45H
- QuaDror02 – cm 200×110 / 250×110 / 200×120 / 250×120 x 75H
- QuaDror03 – cm 420x120x75H
- QuaDror04 – cm 335x41x210H
- QuaDror Sculpture – cm 192x192H
Colors: black, White