Sambade House was designed by local firm Spaceworkers, Located in the countryside near penafiel, portugal, the residence takes the form of an elongated concrete bar, which opens fully on its downhill facing elevation to take advantage of expansive views of the distant landscape.
- The intervention begins with understanding, affirmation and strengthening of local structures. Matrix structures as natural terraces, and vegetation vertical stone walls pre-existing.
- A pure volume of rectangular base, is put up the land and opens onto the green landscape. A volumetric purity, desired by the customer who sets the tone for the project.
- The act of inhabiting unfolds so throughout the volume of concrete, pure, raw, just sitting waiting to grow old with each passing day.
Sambade House exemplifies spaceworkers’ mission to create a horizontal approach to design that combines architecture, economics, and furniture, while instilling their work with touches of innovation and sensory excitement. The firm appeals to their clients’ sensibilities by utilizing space as an instrument of communication, planning, and interacting, designing buildings that avoid the obvious and allow form to follow emotion.
Based on the genetic of the place, the intervention holds, as the main goal, the creation of a contemporary space without disturbing the peace of the countryside area.
A pure volume, with rectangular base, is adjusted to the ground and opens into the green landscape. The volumetric purity, desired by the customer, sets the mood for the project and the new inhabitant of the place is, now, one of the terraced fields of the perfectly balanced ground.
Thus, the act of inhabiting unfolds through the volume of concrete, pure, raw, adjusted to the ground, just waiting to grow old as the days go by… reflecting the life of the countryside.
Project name: Sambade House
Location: Sambade, Penafiel, Portugal
- Type By Characteristic: Luxury House, Modern House
- Type By Site: Countryside / Suburb House, Hill House
- Type By Size: Large House – (more than 650 sqm)
- Type By Materials: Concrete House
Project Area: 1177 sqm
Project Year: 2011-2014
Completion Year: 2014
Client / Owner / Developer: anónimo
Architects: spaceworkers – Rua Central do Bairro, nº792, 4580-591 paredes Paredes, Portugal
Principal Architects: Henrique Marques & Rui Dinis
Collaborators: Rui Rodrigues, Sérgio Rocha, Rui Miguel, Vasco Giesta, Pedro Silva
Engineering: Lino Correia Engenharia
Finance Director: Carla Duarte – cfo
3d modeling: pixelfactory
Text Description: © Courtesy of spaceworkers
Images: © spaceworkers, FG+SG