The Living Cube – Multi functional Furniture
The Living Cube is modular, multi-functional furniture for minimalist living. Built in Switzerland and North Carolina, The Living Cube help people maximize their space, large or small, by providing 8-10 different pieces of furniture in one very small footprint. The multi-purpose object known as ‘The Living Cube’ by designer Till Könneker creates space for things you’d like to see, and storage for the things you don’t. Living Cube creates multifunctional furniture for minimalist living.
“I wanted to focus on practicality and functionality and skip any unnecessary elements. My goal was to come up with a timeless design that fits any space and living situation.” – Till Könneker
- The shelves are made of dark stained wood. They are divided into about 16 sections. 12 sections can be used to neatly arrange books, CDs, DVDs, files or vinyl records as the original designer has done.
- These 12 sections surround a portion where a flat screen TV with a maximum diagonal measurement of about 48” can be placed conveniently. The other 4 sections are used for arranging wears. The uppermost clothes section can be used to store folded clothing. This section has a clothing rack immediately beneath it that can be used to hang at least 10 to 15 jackets. And then there are two shelves below for keeping shoes.
- Ladder. At the right hand side, there is a beautifully crafted ladder that can be used to climb up to the loft bed. It blends beautifully with the entire living cube.
- Loft Bed. The loft bed occupies the topmost portion of the cube. But it is so well designed that it does not resemble the typical dormitory bed. It accommodates a thin 3” mattress which can be used for relaxation or sleep.
- Walk-in Closet. The inner portion of the living cube has a walk-in closet. To enter this section, you need to use the door right next to the ladder. Different items can be stored in this inner section. Aluminum frame racks are placed within the inner closet to allow for easy storage and retrieval of items.
- That was a brief description of the living cube, an innovative, multi-purpose, piece of furniture designed to maximize space in a studio apartment.
The Living Cube:
Our Cube design combines six essential pieces of furniture into one: TV space for a 42″/107 cm flat panel screen, shelves suitable for books, records and/or clothing, coat hooks, a queen-size bed-ready loft, and interior ‘New Room’ for additional storage or workspace utility.
Born out of a personal need to address a challenging living situation (lack of storage, limited space), Living Cube is both useful and sleek — a genuinely inspired marriage of form and function.
Built (with love) in Switzerland (and soon Chicago) and available in multiple sizes, Living Cube is affordable, handcrafted furniture for the discerning urban dweller, or anyone who requires equal parts utility and style.
We now offer the Living Cube Elements. You can put together what you need, a Living Wall with shelves, drop down table, clothes or TV-space, a Cube with a high floor for a bed and a new room underneath. Configure any way you’d like: Storage, workspace, pocket bathroom, music studio, library, dark room, wine storage, kid’s play space, walk-in closet, meditation room or utility storage. It’s up to you.
illdesigns – Till Könneker:
I moved into a apartment studio without storage room. So i made a minimalistic cube design with a shelf for my vinyl collection, my TV, Clothes and Shoes. On the cube is a guest bed and inside the cube is a lot of storage space. Remo from www.holzlaborbern.ch transferred my sketches very beautifully. A house is not really flexible but we can re-think the space and furniture inside. I believe useful furniture must be adaptable to the needs of the user. If you are interested to buy a customized “living cube” drop me a line or visit the official site: www.livingcube-furniture.com
Name: The Living Cube
Type: Furniture Collection
Surface: Black, stained and finish with Biofa Hard Oil
Materials Combination: Wood + Color
- Large Elements: 79″ Tall x 49″ Wide x 14″ Deep / 2000mm Tall x 1236mm Wide x 352mm Deep
- Small Elements: 79″ Tall x 24″ Wide x 14″ Deep / 2000mm Tall x 607mm Wide x 352mm Deep
- MINI: 6.5′ Tall x 8.5′ Wide x 5.25′ Deep / 2m Tall x 2.6m Wide x 1.6m Deep
- URBAN: 6.5′ Tall x 13′ Wide x 5.25′ Deep / 2m Tall x 4m Wide x 1.6m Deep