Tibu – Swivel bar stool
Tibu, by Magis, is a swivel stool with adjustable height orbjorn designed by Anderssen and Espen Voll. The bar stool with gas lift is one of Magis’s most important inventions, introduced with Giovannoni’s Bombo in 1997. When we set out to reinterpret this category, we spontaneously wanted to represent the height-adjustment feature in a new way.
- The seat and footrest of the Tibu are connected in a distinctly continuous shape.
- The base and the trunk are connected as a balancing counterpart. We would never have given this shape to a bar stool with a fixed height. The organization of the various parts expresses the possibility of movement.
- The stool is monochrome in order to give all the parts of the product equal importance.
- The surface changes characteristics where needed, from the scratch-proof steel to the soft seat.
- The super resilient coating was developed especially for this project to safeguard the purity, geometry and simplicity of its design.
- The stool has an easily recognizable graphic expression, like a calligraphic image.
Tibu is a reinterpretation of the height-adjustable stool with gas piston. The very first example in this category was the Bombo stool (design Stefano Giovannoni), which was brought to the market by Magis in 1997.
The stool Tibu is now in stock: the first fruit of a partnership between Magis and the Norwegian duo Anderssen & Voll is now available in two versions, and both are perfect for the contract sector.
Materials Combination: Metal + Color
- Frame in steel painted in polyester powder
- Seat in polyurethane or in polyurethane with fabric cover Kvadrat
Dimensions: L.40cm – P.40cm – H.70cm
Colour: Mix / Multi Color